National Institute of Building Sciences buildingSMART alliance™ has released The National BIM Standard-United States™ (NBIMS-US™) Version 2 (V2). The document is intended to cover the full life cycle of buildings—from planning, design and construction to operations and sustainment.
via http://www.4Clicks.com – Premier cost estimating and efficient project delivery software – JOC, IPD, SABER, IDIQ, SATOC, MATOC, MACC, POCA, BOA – exclusively enhanced 400, 000 line item electronic RSMeans Cost Data.
The National Building Information Modeling Standard-United States™ (NBIMS-US™) Project Committee has approved 18 submissions to be included in Version 2 of the standard. Areas addressed include – reference standards, information exchange standards, and best practices.
Approved reference standards:
- Industry Foundation Classes (IFC) 2×3
- World Wide Web Consortium (W3C) XML
- OmniClass Tables 13, 21, 22, 23, 32 and 36
- International Framework Dictionary (IFD) Library Update
Approved information exchange standards:
- Construction Operations Building information exchange (COBie)
- Information Delivery Manual/Model View Definition (IDM/MVD) Design to Spatial Program Validation
- IDM MVD Design to Building Energy Analysis
- IDM MVD Design to Quantity Takeoff
Approved best practices, guidelines and applications:
- BIM Project Execution Planning Guide – V2.1
- BIM Project Execution Plan Content – V2.1
- Minimum BIM
- Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing (MEP) Coordination Requirements
- Planning, Executing and Managing Information Handovers
via http://www.4Clicks.com – Leading Software for Efficient Project Delivery Methods, Cost Estimating, and Project Management – JOC, SABER, IPD, IDIQ, SATOC, MATOC, MACC, POCA, BOA – All in one application.