OpenJOCTM LEAN JOB ORDER CONTRACTING SOLUTIONS
The OpenJOC approach drives maximum productivity by leveraging proven LEAN construction delivery processes.
1. Process – A written Job Order Contract Operations Manual / JOC Execution Guide plays a central role by fully documenting roles, responsibilities, business practices, means, methods, and outcomes.
2. Information – A shared common data environment, CDE, assures a mutual understanding of all project requirements. Industry standards terms and definitions, in plain English, and a standardized, detailed listing of locally researched construction tasks inclusive of labor, material, and equipment costs (organized using CSI MasterFormat).
3. Uses – On-demand renovation, repair, maintenance, sustainability projects and minor new construction are supported within the OpenJOC environment.
4. People – Real property owners and/or facilities management provide leadership, without excessive management and control. All participants contribute to project success within and atmosphere of collaboration, mutual respect, and shared risk/reward.
5. Technology – The role of technology is one of enablement. Cloud technology provides a secure method for all participants to create, view, and share current actionable information. Communications, tasks, and documents are all maintained in a common digital environment.
6. Assessment & Training – Key performance indicators, KPIs, and regular audits, as well as required ongoing training, assure proper JOC Program implementation, management, and continuous improvement.