BIM is not about software or technology but about CULTURE CHANGE and CHANGE MANAGEMENT.
BIM is about simplifying and adding visibility to the life-cycle management of the built environment. You are either “on-board” or “not”. It’s up to you.
BIM and FM are synonymous. Unfortunately there are very few instances of BIM.
The biggest mistake made by most people new to BIM is to assume that BIM is all about technology, and so focus all their efforts on mastering the technology rather than considering the impact that the application of this technology will have on the processes among Owners, AEs, Contractors, Subs, Business Product and Service Providers.
IFMA BIM Lifecycle Operations Community of Practice (BIMLO COP) Kickoff Meeting Video – http://www.gosee.tv/bimlco/
- Organizational Commitment
- Collaborative, Efficient Project Delivery Methods (IPD- Integrated Project Delivery, JOC – Job Order Contracting …)
- Standards (OMNICLASS, COBie, IFC), Common Terms, Definitions, Metrics, Cost Data (Standardized Cost Data, example-RSMeans)
- Life-cycle Information
- Open digital technology supporting the above
- Continuous Training and Improvement
via http://www.4Clicks.com – Premier software and services for construction cost estimating and efficient project delivery – IPD, JOC, SABER, IDIQ, SATOC, MATOC, MACC, POCA, BOA…featuring the best representation of RSMeans Cost Data, exclusively enhanced 400,000 line item database.